Anything God asks us to do He supplies us with the energy and grace to do it.~Author Unknown
- Welcome to my blog page. I am a wife and mother of 2 daughters. I love my busy life. We are truly blessed by God! Life is nothing if you don't have God in it! Have Faith In God! Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:22,24
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
I recently came to the realization that when we make changes in our lives we have to brace for those changes or we will get ourselves in a situation that we weren't prepared for.
Open for me the gates of the righteous; I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
I recently attended my first 6 day residency for school; I am studying for my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. As the week went on we consistently heard the word "attunement" and everytime that it was said we all cringed because we couldn't really understand what this word really meant.
Monday, February 28, 2011
So I realize that I often think that life is more complex than it really is. I go day to day constantly moving and never really stopping to take time for myself. Do I complain? Of course I do, I'm human! Do I have regrets? Absolutely not! At the end of the day I can honestly say that everything that I do is because of the love I have for my family, the thanks that I have for the talents that God has blessed me with and the joy I have to live and breathe another day! As a wife, mom, student, counselor, daughter, sister, friend (and every other title I have gained throughout the years) I am so thankful for all of my blessings and all of the people that allow me to be a blessing to them.
At the end of the night as I sit and think about the activities of the next day I ask God to help me be a blessing to at least one person that I interact with. Why, because that is what life is all about; blessing others with what we have been blessed with.
I challenge you to aim to be a blessing!
I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you;
I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
Peace & Blessings
Areinia ~ a Mom on the Go and loving every minute!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
I have been thinking lately about what others think about going green. I am thinking that some people either have never considered it just because of the routine that they are use to and others may have thought about it but may not feel that it is that important in their lives. Then there are the few who just have no clue about what to do to start Going Green. I found an interesting article that shares tips on how to go green. Here are a few tips.
- Shut down and unplug electronics. Make small changes to use – and pay for – less energy, like shutting down your computer when you're not using it and plugging your cell phone and other electronics into power strips so you can turn several devices off with one switch.
- Wash your clothes in cold water. By using cold water instead of warm,
- Fill your bottle with filtered tap water. Choose the greener solution by using a reusable bottle,
- Exchange CDs, DVDs and books instead of buying. Now you can avoid purchasing new products without forfeiting your entertainment needs. Visit swapacd.com, swapadvd.com and paperbackswap.com for access to thousands of CDs, books and DVDs. Or simply swap with friends and family.
- Use refurbished electronics. You can get refurbished electronics for a steal (they often sell for less than 50 percent of the retail price!), and before they're resold to the public, they go through an intense defect-testing process and the warranties usually remain intact. So you can save money and help reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills. Shop at www.dyscern.com and www.refurbdepot.com.
Peace & Blessings
Mom on the Go getting you healthy
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
With the holidays being over I have been thinking a lot about whether or not people will continue the kind gestures, donations and sincerity that they often share during the holidays. We have family that we wouldn't normally interact with unless its the holidays. We have organizations that we wouldn't even think twice about unless its the holidays. All of the clothes, shoes and toys that we have cleared from the closets to donate to organizations probably wouldn't happen unless the holidays roll around once a year. I also notice that my awareness and thoughts about others who are less fortunate is increased during the holidays. I made it a point to donate to the "bell ringers" every chance that I had this holiday season. But then I started to think about something, if there is homelessness, hunger and people in need of assistance all throughout the year, why do we only see the bell ringers out for the Christmas season. I found it to be disturbing that there were food banks and toy drives that were running out of supplies or didn't receive enough donations to distribute to families. Then I started to think, not only is there a lack of resources throughout the year, but there is also a lack of kindness and sincerity throughout the year. What can we do about this? I think that we should make an effort to give in service to helping people and these types of organizations have the resources that are needed in order to provide for those who are less fortunate than we are.
Christ gave His life for us without any hesitation and I think that we should also give ourselves to others as Christ gave His life for us. I think that when we change our thinking from focusing on ourselves, what we give, can we give or how we will give and make the focus other people then we can think more about what does this person need and how can I help this person to get where they need to be. Christ has never made Himself the focus He is always concerned about us and our salvation. What has He given to make our lives better?
One way to change the cycle of how society has changed from focusing on others is to lead by example. If we change ourselves then maybe our actions will lead others to change their ways also. If we lead our children, then maybe they can be an example to others also.
Lets strive to Continue Kindness throughout the year and throughout every area of our lives.
Peace & Blessings
Mom On the Go
~But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.