About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog page. I am a wife and mother of 2 daughters. I love my busy life. We are truly blessed by God! Life is nothing if you don't have God in it! Have Faith In God! Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:22,24

Monday, October 25, 2010

Reality Check

So lately I have come to the realization that my life is no longer about me. At one time in my life I only had to worry about taking care of me, but now I am so caught up with taking care of others that I don't even worry about me anymore, but that is something that is cool with me. I use to allow some very "colorful" language come out of my mouth and never gave it a second thought as to whether it was distasteful, arrogant, rude or hurtful, until I had a little parrot who made me realize just how colorful I sound. An occasional cuss word meant nothing to me until my little parrot repeated it not knowing that she shouldn't say it. That was the point I realized that I must change my words.Then changing my actions followed because my mini me was doing everything I did because I am mom and if mom does it then it must be right, right?!!. No it was wrong, so very wrong. So after some minor adjustments I think that we are good to go for now. But being a good example is not the end. I think as a parent it is my responsibility to also let them know right from wrong and that there are wrong influences out there. I think that as a parent it is my responsibility to teach them how to be a good example to others through their words and actions.
Some other things that we have changed is some of the things that we use such as cleaning stuff. It use to be nothing to use a cup of bleach in the laundry or use products that are full of chemicals, but then I realized that I had to make sure the kids didn't get a hold of it. So of course we became green and now we proudly use safer products. Now my mini me can actually clean along side of me using the same products. Its a win win deal! She gets to imitate me and I get help with cleaning! Go Green!
I must say that I have enjoyed my life changes. Makes me more aware of what I am doing, what I have done and what I plan to do in the future.
So I guess I can say I am part of the campaign to change my life for the betterment of my children. Join me in bringing back being a great and blessed role model for your children.

Love ya'
Busy mom on the go!


2 comments:

  1. I like your post Areinia! The language thing is funny. It reminds me of many years ago when I was babysitting ... I said da*n! to something I dropped ... a small da*n in a little voice followed immediately after. I backed track quick!

    You are right we are important role models to our children. It is so important to be the best we can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your post and agree we need to be good role models for our children! Thanks Areinia.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have been blessed by my blog!
Areinia